Accounts Payable Specialist
OXG LLC is a leading medical cannabis cultivator from Kansas City, Missouri. The Company intends to set the standard for medical cannabis by delivering an array of products that reaches all demographics and meets the patient needs. It is our intent to provide our patients with the latest information available from the medical community, warnings and requirements provided by the regulatory department, as well as custom materials and information covering strain specific medical uses in order to assist them in choosing the safest and most effective medication.
Through superior customer service and highly trained staff, our established policies and procedures ensure that our facilities are utilized to their fullest potential and that resources are used as efficiently as possible in order to reduce our impact on local utilities, as well as areas surrounding our facility.
The Company is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team in Riverbend, Missouri. The
Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for day-to-day financial transactions including accounts payable, corporate credit card reconciliations, expense report and other various transactions/processes. The Accounts Payable
Specialist must exercise discretion in executing essential functions and be able to work independently, following through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Analyzes and processes accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Coding such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc.,
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices.
- Prepares check requests, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Reconciles various accounts on a monthly basis, bringing any discrepancies to the attention of the Finance
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Assist in compiling information and preparing responses to auditors during the annual external audit.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting for the Procurement Card program.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- Associate’s degree or higher in Business, Accounting, or Finance is preferred
- 2 years of experience in an accounts payable role.
- 2 years of experience using financial/accounting software packages.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including effective interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Ability to follow up on pending issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Financial/accounting software, Sage Intacct, experience is a plus.
This is a full-time position. This position on occasion may require long hours or overtime if necessary. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
OXG LLC Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
OXG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place an emphasis on an environment of inclusion, diversity, and social justice. Individuals seeking employment at OXG LLC are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location