Job Title: Armed Security Officer
Job Category: Cannabis Security
Department/Group: Facility Protection
Job Code/ Req#: Buffalo-Manufacturing
Location: Buffalo, MO
Travel Required: To assigned facility as directed. (SW MO Region)
Date Posted: 09/01/2020
Level/Salary Range: Hourly / Salary dependent
Position Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN.
Will Train Applicant(s): Experience is required.
Posting Expires: TBD – Until filled.
5TH MERIDIAN GROUP – COMPANY OVERVIEW:
We are a US Veteran owned, Missouri based company that proudly serves as a security and transportation partner in Missouri’s medical marijuana industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates and embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to offering a living wage and dedicated to excellence, compliance, and protection of those in the Missouri cannabis community.
Position: Armed Security Officer – Facility Protection
The facility Security Officer will serve as an armed facility protection specialist for Missouri licensed cultivation, production/infusion, testing, and dispensary facilities. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Screening & check-in approved patients, employees, or visitors.
- Property protection & roving property patrol.
- Employee, contractor, and patron escort.
- Surveillance and critical process oversight.
- Tier I surveillance system/camera maintenance & service.
- Maintenance of visitor and activity logs.
- Provide medical care to patients and staff. (First Aid, CPR, AED, “Stop the Bleed” certified after hire.)
- Use of armed or physical force in the protection of self, patients, visitors, and facility staff, may be required.
As a condition of employment, all Security Officers, regardless of rank or seniority, shall be subject to having safe, legal, and reasonable duties assigned to them by facility management to maximize safe, efficient, and profitable facility operation.
The 5th Meridian Group will strive to finance and implement an employee health insurance program based upon the development and strength of our company in this emerging, evolving market. Our target implementation date is in Q4 of 2020 for full-time employees.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
-US Military Service Members – Former, Retired, or Guard/Reservist. (combat arms related career preferred)
-Current or former Missouri POST certified Police Officers (active, inactive, retired) preferred.
-Current career public safety professionals with extensive experience in emergency and citizen services.
-Extensive experience in providing armed security or protection services.
-Ability to complete a firearm safety course and range qualify with the duty weapon on a company administered proficiency table.
Our mission is to hire security officers that can function as the “quiet professional” within our partner facilities. The focus will be on providing a comforting, non-intimidating presence that complements existing employee dynamics and assists in achieving company goals.
All employees must successfully submit fingerprints for a state criminal record check and be eligible to hold a valid facility agent id issued by the Missouri DHSS.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $39,000.00 – $41,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- public safety career: 1 year (Preferred)
- armed security: 1 year (Preferred)
- military: 1 year (Preferred)
- Missouri POST certification (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible