Job Title: Armed Security Officer
Job Category: Cannabis Security
Department/Group: Facility Protection
Job Code/ Req#: Dispensary – St. Louis District
*Job Location: St. Charles County, MO*
Travel Required: To assigned facility as directed.
Date Posted: 12/30/2020
Level/Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000 per year.
Position Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN.
Will Train Applicant(s): St. Charles Co Armed Security License is Required.
Posting Expires: TBD – Until filled.
5TH MERIDIAN GROUP – COMPANY OVERVIEW:
We are a US Veteran owned, Missouri based company that proudly serves as a security and transportation partner in Missouri’s medical marijuana industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates and embraces diversity and inclusion. We are committed to offering a living wage and dedicated to excellence, compliance, and protection of those in the Missouri cannabis community.
POSITION: Armed Security Officer – Facility Protection
The Security Officer will serve as an armed facility protection specialist for Missouri licensed cultivation, production/infusion, testing, and dispensary facilities. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Screening & check-in approved patients, employees, or visitors.
- Property protection & roving property patrol.
- Employee, contractor, and patron escort.
- Surveillance and critical process oversight.
- Tier I surveillance system/camera maintenance & service.
- Maintenance of visitor and activity logs.
- Provide medical care to patients and staff. (First Aid, CPR, AED, “Stop the Bleed” certified after hire.)
- Use of armed or physical force in the protection of self, patients, visitors, and facility staff, may be required.
As a condition of employment, all Security Officers, regardless of rank or seniority, shall be subject to having safe, legal, and reasonable duties assigned to them by facility management to maximize safe, efficient, and profitable facility operation.
The 5th Meridian Group will strive to finance and implement an employee health insurance program based upon the development and strength of our company in this emerging, evolving market. Our target implementation date is in Q1 of 2021 for full-time employees.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
-MUST have current St. Charles Co Armed Security License to APPLY
-US Military Service Members – Former, Retired, or Guard/Reservist.
-Current or former Missouri POST certified Police Officers (active, inactive, retired) preferred.
-Current career public safety professionals with extensive experience in emergency and citizen services.
-Extensive experience in providing armed security or protection services.
-Ability to complete a firearm safety course and range qualify with the duty weapon on a company administered proficiency table.
Our mission is to hire security officers that can function as the “quiet professional” within our partner facilities. The focus will be on providing a comforting, non-intimidating presence that complements existing employee dynamics and assists in achieving company goals.
All employees must successfully submit fingerprints for a state criminal record check and be eligible to hold a valid facility agent id issued by the Missouri DHSS.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- O’Fallon, MO 63366 (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Armed Security: 2 years (Preferred)
- Military: 4 years (Preferred)
- public safety career: 1 year (Preferred)
- St. Charles Co Armed Security Officer certification (Required)
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place