Assistant Manager – Dispensary
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the dispensary in accordance with the State of Missouri and local laws, and standards set by the company.
The Assistant Manager provides support to all Patient Care Associates, which includes scheduling, training, providing policy and procedure updates, product information, and keeping updated with industry news. The Assistant Manager is responsible for maintaining the dispensary sales floor, ordering, and receiving all inventory and products, arranging deliveries, and maintaining facility compliance and cleanliness. The Assistant Manager must maintain a professional work environment and facility appearance.
Reports To: General Manager & Chief Operating Officer
- Provide best-in-class customer service and follow established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Lead the Patient Care Associates Team in accordance with the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of Terrabis.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory levels, ensuring an assortment of product, and communicating inventory action items with the General Manager.
- Assist all patients and customers in making the right product choices by being knowledgeable of how different methods of cannabis consumption affect our patients differently. Suggest dosage starting points and upward titration for inexperienced patients.
- Complete and appropriately delegate (if applicable) tasks assigned during scheduled shift, including: cleaning of the store, bathrooms, patient areas, and break room.
- Correct cash handling and discount application when applicable.
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation, and ID for patients.
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensure POS stations are ready to go at store opening.
- Ensure opening and closing checklists are completed in a timely manner.
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the regulatory electronic verification systems.
- Assistance in verifying orders for accuracy.
- Participate in staff events, outings, and promotional events
- Security measures and safety compliance.
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store.
- Be active on company social media (sharing, liking, and posting all content shared on Terrabis social media accounts).
- Management of visitor log.
- Maintain open communication with the management team and other coworkers.
- Reporting of team member issues or patient situations to General Manager and/or Chief Operating Officer.
- Coordinate in periodic staff meetings.
- Work with General Manager to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly, and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including: daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints.
- Work with the General Manager and Training Manager to properly onboard and train new Patient Care Associates.
- Conduct a minimum of a quarterly audit per state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Chief Operating Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Cannabis experience preferred
- 2+ years in a supervisory or management role in a retail setting required, preference for specialty retail
- Inventory control experience required
- Must be proactive, with strong work ethic, attention to detail, and strong communication and leadership skills
- Meet timelines consistently and be able to effectively work under pressure
- Continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback
- High level of interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, often working cross functionally
- Strong math skills
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and email
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must possess valid driver’s license or state ID
- Remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, and/or crouching.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer