The Assistant Manager assists the Store Manager with daily operations, provides support to all Budtenders and excels in passionate and educated customer service. The Assistant Manager is responsible for maintaining the dispensary sales floor, ordering, and receiving inventory and products, arranging deliveries, and maintaining facility compliance and cleanliness. The Assistant Manager must maintain a professional work environment, facility appearance and manage with integrity and honesty.
- Assists the Store Manager in the day to day operations of the dispensary location, including but not limited to:
- Collaborating with the Store Manager to implement and manage company and dispensary best practices, policies, and procedures;
- Partnering with the store manager to ensure that all financial and operational goals are achieved and supported by the staff;
- Ensuring that all management, inventory, purchasing, and financial reports are up to date, accurate and readily accessible;
- Assisting with all POS, inventory, and security system audits to ensure the dispensary is in full compliance with state regulations;
- Performing daily counts of all cannabis and cannabis related products in the dispensary;
- Assisting in the oversight of the dispensary’s compliance with local and state regulations;
- Receiving orders and deliveries and recording quantities and timing;
- Ensuring all safety protocols and procedures are followed by all team members and patients;
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of all store vendors, products, strains, and industry trends.
- Assists in the management of the dispensary team, including patient care specialists (budtenders). including but not limited to:
- Serving as a role model and resource for dispensary staff concerning products and services, policies, procedures, industry news and changes in regulations;
- Preparing weekly employee time records for payroll;
- Coaching and developing managers and team members
- Motivating the dispensary team to meet performance targets;
- Responding to all dispensary team questions, concerns, and suggestions;
- Taking action when necessary to resolve team conflicts, in collaboration with Management and Human Resources when necessary;
- Assisting in the hiring for open positions and recommending employee terminations.
- Assists in the oversight of customer relations and patient care, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and satisfaction of every patient;
- Providing superior customer service to both vendors and patients;
- Responding to all customer complaints, requests, concerns, and suggestions;
- Taking action to resolve conflicts when necessary;
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store;
- Maintaining industry-wide product knowledge.
- 5+ years in retail and guest services;
- 3+ years of experience in a management environment;
- Strong leadership and team management skills;
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to obtain a Missouri Agent ID by start date, which includes submitting fingerprints and passing criminal background check
- Valid Driver’s License & Clear MV report based on company MV requirements;
Preferred, but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field;
- Cannabis retail experience.
This position requires the ability to reach, bend, stoop, sit, and stand, and carry and lift up to 30lbs. The work environment is an environmentally controlled retail store. This position may require travel up to 10% of the time.