BIM Manager – Kansas City, MO
Dialectic is a full-service mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering design and consulting firm headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. We are not a traditional engineering firm. Our firm is focused on collaboration and co-design with our clients and project partners. We believe through active, effective communication we can ensure project success. Today our MEP design projects include many of the hottest companies in the retail, restaurant, entertainment, and commercial real estate industries. Our approach of collaboration is essential to how Dialectic works and since 2015, we have been a 100% Employee-Owned Company with an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan/Retirement Plan). Every employee at Dialectic plays a part in the leadership and ownership of our firm.
The BIM Manager serves as a liaison for the CAD/Revit related subject matter for both internal and external contacts. The role of the BIM Manager is to implement all procedures in BIM (Business Information Modeling). This position will be tasked with
- Collaborates with BIM development team to determine development needs and priorities.
- Develops families and starter templates to be used as a starting point for efficiency and consistency.
- Develops efficiency improvements to current processes, for example; Dynamo Scripts, etc.
- Maintains Dialectic CAD/Revit standards/guidelines and spot check projects for consistency/compliance.
- Studies all product updates or new releases, and disseminate any applicable enhancements, bug fixes, or new program tools.
- Evaluates and recommends BIM related software as applicable.
- Assists project managers and designers/engineers with workflow regarding:
- AIA BIM related documents Ex.: Exhibits E203, G202 and G201
- Team member training for how to create and develop BIM deliverable documents from design, family editing, project setup, and plotting.
- Troubleshoots BIM related project issues including warnings and errors.
- Provides BIM-based reviews at certain project sprints when requested, for internally maintained prototypes.
- Addresses and coordinates technical support issues with IT department.
- Understands, promotes, and implements BIM processes and tools.
- As needed, picks up markups on mechanical, plumbing and electrical drawings.
- Assists with the development of interdisciplinary standards and process improvements related to CAD/Revit projects.
- Assists designers and project managers with project setup and delivery.
- Maintains and updates the starting Dialectic CAD/Revit templates:
- Create, manage, and update the family libraries, schedules, and CAD blocks.
- Provide support for maintaining program specific templates.
- Partners with designers and project managers to gain feedback regarding issues and additional development needs.
- Listens and provides feedback for proposed changes to standards/guidelines.
- Researches BIM software, developments, and improvements for implementation
- Maintains current knowledge of design software, industry developments/practices, and other applicable techniques.
- Provides a commitment to develop and improve external and internal processes for better client interaction and coordination.
- Provides feedback for projects and clients about the benefits of CAD/Revit tools to meet expectations with current capabilities regarding how CAD/Revit can be effectively utilized.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a BIM Manager role is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in various modelling processes within BIM.
- REVIT/AutoCAD proficiency, required.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision and provide technical and project guidance, leadership and consultative services and innovative solutions.
- Passion for Collaboration conducting self with integrity and professionalism.
- MEP design knowledge in commercial, retail, restaurant, education, and entertainment projects (or closely related field).
Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each. Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head. Standing and walking during shift lasting up to 10 hours a day.
Dialectic, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is prides itself on our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This is applicable to all employment practices within our organization including hiring, recruitment, career advancement, termination, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. Dialectic, Inc. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time
Founded in 1988 with offices in Kansas City, Austin and Denver, Dialectic Engineering is a 100% employee-owned, nontraditional mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering firm. Recognized as one of Kansas City’s Best Places to Work in 2020, Dialectic brings buildings to life across a broad range of verticals, including distribution, multifamily, retail/restaurants, cannabis, entertainment, senior living, hospitality, and charter schools/higher education. Dialectic Inc. offers a friendly work environment with excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life and 401(k). Learn more at dialecticeng.com.