This position positively represents the company and its brands by maximizing brand engagement, executing marketing strategies, building customer relationships, increasing brand loyalty, managing events, and increasing recurring sales orders within the assigned territory. The position is key to the Company’s planning and management of the territory licensee and is responsible for conducting onsite promotions and maintaining strong relationships at all levels with the licensee. The overall objective of the position is to maintain and develop relationships with wholesale customers and their staff and increasing brand and product awareness for the end user.
Duties and responsibilities
- Become a brand building subject matter expert for all our portfolio products.
- Record all activities in our Customer Relationship Management system as trained and directed.
- Engage with customers in a professional, timely and friendly manner.
- Provide feedback to the sales and marketing departments regarding customers’ insights and questions.
- Coordinate, attend, and work trade shows and other industry events as a spokesperson for the Company within and outside office hours.
- Assist with product scoring, grading and manufacturing quality control (QC) within the territory.
- Work with licensee to ensure deliveries are as efficient as possible.
- Work with CCI’s operational teams on issues relating to hardware, packaging, terpene and label procurement to ensure all elements of our product packaging are universal and up to date.
- Work with Ops team to ensure the distribution of branding materials to licensees and dispensaries.
- Research and vet local events for brand appearances and sponsorships.
- Assist in social media including influencer plans and engagements.
- Minor graphic design tasks.
- Educate budtenders and other staff members at dispensary/rec retailers on The Clear and CCI’s products, history, features and benefits, and sales techniques.
- Promote, coordinate, and support planned discounts and other promotional events to help increase sales.
- Schedule, plan, confirm, and conduct store pop-ups and other brand events to help increase sales.
- Assist in management and coordination of outside promotional team.
- Implement and track new marketing initiatives in the field, including displays, collateral, and more.
- Distribute marketing materials to customers and staff.
- Increase participation in budtender events and competitions.
- Develop relationships with all budtenders and store staff to promote brand credibility, customer service and sales.
- Represent CCI and The Clear at local industry functions and strategic marketing initiatives.
- Assist in development of marketing materials and displays to help grow sales in the State and to ensure that all marketing and promotional activities are fully compliant.
- Compile data on competitive products including price comps and communicate to CCI leadership.
- Develop processes based on job duties and tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accountabilities and performance – Key Performance Indicators
- Reach target number of accounts, as directed for pop-ups, trainings, pop-ins, and more.
- Nurture all territory assigned accounts, as directed.
- Record data based on stop-ins and events, and effectively present data to team.
Perform on all Key Performance Indicators, including but not limited to:
- New account marketing onboarding
- Existing account marketing and promotions activity
- Additional training and nurturing
- Calculate ROI and analyze data on related responsibilities and create visible data models to represent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a concentration in business, marketing or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in similar role in the cannabis Industry, preferably in promotions, marketing, and/or sales.
- Experience in conducting training.
- Experience promoting brands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly, warm personality.
- Ability to work on a variable schedule.
- Ability to work independently.
- Industry compliance “Badge” as required by state and local municipalities.
- Computer proficiently, specifically but not limited to:
- Salesforce (preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite (required)
- Expert time-management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills; Ability to quickly adapt to an often-changing and rapid-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to deliver effective presentations.
- This position will require travel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift for long periods of time
- Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in an environment with moderate to loud noise level.
- Must be able to work off-site in retail, manufacturing, or production facility with moderate to loud noise level and changing working conditions; May require use of safety equipment or personal protective equipment.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation.