Cannabis Analytical Scientist
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the emerging and fast paced environment of cannabis laboratory testing. The successful candidate will be a Cannabis Analytical Scientist at our new Kansas City location and will report directly to the Laboratory Director and will be responsible for the all the steps involved in sample analysis for state mandated compliance testing of cannabis products.
This position requires knowledge of analytical chemistry and separation sciences, specifically Liquid and Gas Chromatography techniques and some familiarity with instrumentation utilized for cannabis testing (HPLC, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, and ICP/MS). Analytical methods utilized in the lab are already established and validated, however, some experience with method development, optimization and validation is beneficial. Prior lab experience is required.
- Performs in all assigned areas of the laboratory. Provides accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures to fulfill the requests of the customer.
- Reports test results in a timely manner and according to established laboratory protocol and procedures to ensure that all samples are completed within a specific time frame.
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control and reports discrepancies to the Laboratory Director to guarantee the lab maintains utmost quality.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, or as-needed maintenance on instruments and equipment as appropriate, to ensure that all equipment is in working order. Performs calibration of equipment as required. Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, and samples when problems occur. Notifies the Laboratory Director if unable to solve the problem.
- Complies with established laboratory safety policies and procedures when using chemicals.
- Reads and follows all organizational and departmental policies and procedures to remain in good standing with the organization and leads by example. Assists in updating policy and procedure manuals for ISO accreditation standards and future audits
- Attends all required safety training programs to stay abreast of latest safety precautions and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize projects efficiently.
- Maintain a safe, clean, well-organized, and efficient laboratory work environment.
- Ensure adequate inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Work on projects assigned by lab management and work in collaboration with other technicians.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university is required.
- Exceptional wet laboratory technique and ability to perform documentation for ISO standards.
- Candidate must have some experience with the following instrumentation: HPLC, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, and ICP/MS. Candidates with LC-MS/MS experience will be given preference.
- At least 2 years of experience in a regulated or high throughput laboratory environment is preferred. Cannabis Laboratory Experience Preferred.
- Some knowledge of microbiology and sterile technique is beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must not be employed or have any ownership in any other MO cannabis industry license type.
Job Type: Full-time
· At least 2 year of Laboratory experience
· At least 2 year of experience working with HPLC, LC-MS/MS, GC—MS
· Master’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Related Field (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Laboratory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Do you have any experience in working in a Cannabis Testing Facility?
Do you have experience with UPLC, LC/MS/MS, GC/MS, ICPMS? If so, how many years?
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible