At Proper Brands, we’re building a community of passionate, genuine people to grow the legal cannabis market. Together, we hold ourselves to the highest standard of quality in everything we do—from people to product and everything in between. At Proper, it’s not about being the biggest. It’s about being the best in what we do, demonstrating compassion, and improving people’s lives through cannabis. We believe that happy people make happy plants, and happy plants make happy people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Part-Time Brand Ambassador to join us on our journey to transform our bold ambitions for the Missouri medical cannabis market into a reality. Our Part-Time Brand Ambassador, based in Kansas City, MO, will increase our brand recognition and loyalty through in-person marketing initiatives in their assigned territory. The schedule will be 20-25 hours/week (working Thursday, Friday and Saturday), with a competitive pay rate of $15/hour and anticipated start date of June 1st.
(75%) Increasing brand awareness, loyalty, and sales in assigned territory. This work may include but is not limited to:
- Collaborating with the Sales and Marketing team to research and analyze assigned markets to understand customer trends and competitor activity;
- Building a localized plan to increase brand awareness and product consumption;
- Identifying distribution opportunities around target campuses;
- Articulating the company’s mission, vision, and goals to assigned market;
- Educating potential customers and dispensaries about the company’s products in assigned territory;
- Becoming the local face of the brand through networking and targeted events;
- Building rapport with customers and vendors;
- Assisting the local sales team to ensure distribution and visibility in retail dispensaries close to target campuses;
- Developing relationships with campus influencers to build brand loyalty among a variety of groups in assigned markets and campuses;
- Maintaining a positive image of the brand at all times.
(25%) Tracks success of various marketing strategies. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Monitoring retail customer feedback and escalating complaints to the marketing department;
- Tracking retail customer preferences, metrics, and media campaigns;
- Participating in sales & marketing meetings, trainings, and workshops as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field, or currently enrolled in such a program;
- Experience in marketing/promotions of consumer packaged goods, or an internship interacting with consumers of packaged goods; includes retail sales and customer service experience
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment;
- Friendly, approachable, and outgoing personality;
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools;
- Adaptable with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Ability to obtain a Missouri Agent ID by start date, which includes submitting fingerprints and passing criminal background check & MVR.
- Must live within reasonable daily commuting distance of Kansas City
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to/from multiple scheduled appointments each work day
- Interest, knowledge, passion for the medical cannabis industry.
This position requires the ability to work seated or standing for several hours at a time and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally. Some filing is required. The work environment is remote or assigned retail locations. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This position may require day travel up to 75% of the time.
To learn more about Proper Brands please visit our website or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube.