At Proper Brands, we’re building a community of passionate, genuine people to grow the legal cannabis market. Together, we hold ourselves to the highest standard of quality in everything we do—from people to product and everything in between. At Proper, it’s not about being the biggest. It’s about being the best in what we do, demonstrating compassion, and improving people’s lives through cannabis. We believe that happy people make happy plants, and happy plants make happy people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cannabis Culinary Technician, starting in mid to late February, to join us on our journey to transform our bold ambitions for the Missouri medical cannabis market into a reality.
Our Culinary Technician will work out of our warehouse location in Rock Hill. Full-time employees will receive medical benefits, paid time off and a competitive pay range starting at $15-$18/hour based on experience.
Their responsibilities will include:
- Produces cannabis infused edibles while maintaining the strict laws and guidelines set by the state. This work may include but is not limited to:
- Preparing a wide variety of edibles including tablets, gummies, and chocolates;
- Scaling and mixing ingredients according to standard recipes, using electric mixers or other industrial equipment;
- Following and completing a defined production list;
- Operating PH meter to monitor acidity levels of gummy production;
- Checking products to monitor quality and consistency;
- Monitoring levels of all raw product while ensuring dates and quality meet company standards;
- Monitoring dates and labels on all inventory and scheduling destruction as necessary;
- Updating and maintaining culinary production records;
- Working as part of a team to meet production schedules;
- Maintaining relevant training as new products are introduced.
- Operating depositor and tablet press
- Ensures the cleanliness and safety of the culinary workspaces. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Adhering to all company food safety policies and procedures;
- Performing all assigned duties required to ensure a clean and safe production facility;
- Maintaining correct sanitation for workspaces to mitigate the risk of cross contamination;
- Maintaining sanitation logs;
- Checking and correcting any possible health code violations;
- Completing the sanitation of all culinary equipment and tools
- High school diploma or GED;
- Ability to obtain a Missouri Agent ID card by start date;
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong process orientation;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strongly Preferred, but not required:
- High volume, complex food service operations experience;
- Institutional and batch cooking experience;
- ServSafe certification;
- Knowledge of edibles;
- 2+ years of food manufacturing experience.
The work environment is an environmentally controlled production facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach, bend, stoop, sit, and stand
- Carry and lift equipment up to 50 pounds
At Proper, you will enjoy a competitive salary, medical benefits and paid time off. To learn more about Proper Brands please visit our website or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube.
Powered by JazzHR