At Proper Brands, we’re building a community of passionate, genuine people to grow the legal cannabis market. Together, we hold ourselves to the highest standard of quality in everything we do—from people to product and everything in between. At Proper, it’s not about being the biggest. It’s about being the best in what we do, demonstrating compassion, and improving people’s lives through cannabis. We believe that happy people make happy plants, and happy plants make happy people.
We have an exciting opportunity for Extraction Laboratory Technicians, starting in mid to late February, to join us on our journey to transform our bold ambitions for the Missouri medical cannabis market into a reality.
Our Extraction Laboratory Technicians will work out of our warehouse location in Rock Hill. Full-time employees will receive medical benefits, paid time off and a competitive pay range of $15-$20 based on experience.
Their responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and executing the extraction and processing of post-cultivation product in accordance with the State and standards set by the company;
- Ensuring consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures outlined by the company;
- Performing product processing and product formulation;
- Processing Harvest flower material;
- Grating and sorting processed material;
- Weighing and logging material;
- Collecting samples and performing tests to ensure quality;
- Executing extraction bench work and product filtrations;
- Operating a butane extraction system for the production of cannabis extract;
- Recording data in all necessary software platforms;
- Working as part of a team to meet production schedules;
- Assisting in the packaging department as needed.
- Performing all assigned duties required to ensure a clean and safe production facility;
- Ensuring production equipment, tools, workspace, lab equipment containers and appliances are cleaned and sanitized;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Associate degree in Chemistry or related field or equivalent experience including 2+ years of experience working in a lab around hazardous chemicals (such as pharmaceutical or manufacturing) that adheres to strict health and safety standards;
- Ability to obtain a Missouri Agent ID card by start date;
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong process orientation and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
Preferred, but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or related field;
- Knowledge of butane extraction, product manufacturing, vape oil, product processing, “bubble hash,” and distillation;
- Knowledge of extraction labs;
- 2+ years of cannabis extraction experience.
The work environment is an environmentally controlled production facility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach, bend, stoop, sit, and stand
- Carry and lift equipment up to 50 pounds
This position may require local, day travel up to 10% of the time.
At Proper, you will enjoy a competitive salary, medical benefits and paid time off. To learn more about Proper Brands please visit our website or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube.
Powered by JazzHR