Title: Compliance Manager
Location: Kansas City, MO
Reports To: Compliance Director
Terrapin is looking for a Compliance Manager to join our growing company in our Kansas City office. As a Boulder, Colo.-based national cannabis company, Terrapin is a pioneer in the emerging industry. Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Over 10 years of operations, Terrapin has grown into a multi-state company with nearly 400 employees. As we have expanded nationally, our need for a Compliance Manager has grown significantly.
The Compliance Manager will conduct regular onsite audits of facilities making sure that all local and state regulatory requirements are being met and maintained. The position will be responsible for helping implement rule changes and they arise. This position would work closely with management to make certain all standard operating procedures are being followed in the field. Compliance Manager would make sure necessary documentation is filed and required business records organized and available should regulators request them. This position would also coordinate significantly with the Compliance Director to correct any deficiencies found in the field. This position would audit security equipment, inventory procedures and processes, and software development to make certain all systems support regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to all facilities, to conduct quarterly compliance audits, and support staff to correct deficiencies
- Review SOPs in field to make certain they are being followed
- Train management on regulations if deficiencies are observed
- Coordinate with onsite compliance administrator to ensure compliance standards are clear and maintained in each facility
- Organize and assist with departmental compliance training
- Assist in building Company Wide Compliance Program as company grows
- Assist in rolling out process changes or additions as rule as State and local rules change
- Coordinate inspections with state and local regulators
- Incident management
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Attention to detail and accuracy regarding regulations
- Understanding of Metrc and Seed to Sale Tracking
- Background in investigation and regulatory compliance
- Communication skills and diplomacy to sensitive information
- Proficiency with general software applications, including Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Google Drive, Google forms, Google sheets, etc.);
- Knowledge of governmental agencies and regulatory organization
- 3-5 years in marijuana regulatory compliance, or similar compliance experience in highly regulated fields (gaming, liquor, etc.)
- Law enforcement experience preferred
Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Founded in 2009, we have six storefronts on Colorado’s Front Range. We also operate medical cannabis grower/processor operations in Clinton County, Pennsylvania and Grand Rapids, Michigan. For more information, visit Terrapin.coand TerrapinCareStation.com. Follow TCS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclosure: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Duties, responsibilities and skills may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The physical demands described are generally representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request and in accordance with applicable law. Terrapin is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact Human Resources.
Employee signature below indicates the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- How many years of investigation and regulatory compliance do you have?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 4 years (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 4 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations