At Proper Cannabis, we are building a culture of passionate, genuine people to grow the legal cannabis industry. At Proper, it’s not about being the biggest. It really is about being the best in what we do. We want to improve people’s lives through cannabis. Our passion is contagious, and our work is infused with positivity and joy. Together, we hold ourselves to the highest standard of quality in everything we do – from people to product and everything in between.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Controller to join us on our journey to transform our bold ambitions for the Missouri medical cannabis market into a reality. This is an opportunity to be responsible for the financial and accounting operations of a new, rapidly growing company in an exciting, new industry.
Our Controller will be driven and comfortable in a fast paced, growing company. They’ll be analytical, diligent and adaptable while establishing our financial reporting procedures, departmental budget planning & organization, and determining company measurements and KPI. They’ll be technologically savvy, seasoned in QuickBooks or other accounting software and may have experience integrating with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. They have excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills with a strong operational acumen, eager to work alongside our department leaders to train and help them understand their budgets and KPIs.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Directs the preparation of the financial analysis of the organization, including:
- Overseeing the monthly and year end closing process and preparation of financial statements and cash flow projections
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Analyzing and interpreting financial reports to understand trends in profitability, performance against budget and other key measures of the financial health of the organization
- Recommending changes to organization processes and strategy to improve financial results
- Communicating financial updates to the company and investors
- Manages and complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including:
- Ensuring the appropriate procedures and accounting practices are followed for monthly and year end closing processes
- Leading external audits to monitor and confirm the financial condition of the organization
- Preparing and reviewing documents for audit of the financials
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Collaborates with other staff to ensure the accuracy of systems and efficiencies of the process, including:
- Identifying opportunities to improve the accounting practices, internal controls and process
- Implementing change initiatives outlined by the Executive Team
The following education, skills and experience are required for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in finance or accounting positions
- Advanced excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- High Proficiency with QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software program
- Knowledge and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to quickly build knowledge and understanding of Missouri and local cannabis laws and learn the regulatory cannabis software system METRC
- Ability to obtain a Missouri Agent ID card
- Strong analytical, technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
- Strong operational acumen and process orientation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience developing budgets and operating within those budgets.
At Proper, you will enjoy a competitive salary, medical benefits and paid time off. To learn more about us, please visit us on LinkedIn, YouTube and our website. Interested, but not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network to connect with us through email.
Powered by JazzHR