Terrapin is looking for a Director of Operations to join our growing company. As a Boulder, Colo.-based national cannabis company, Terrapin is a pioneer in the emerging industry. Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Over 10 years of operations, Terrapin has grown into a multi-state company with nearly 400 employees. As we have expanded nationally, our need for Director of Operations has grown significantly.
The Director of Operations is responsible for coordinating multiple departments to operate efficiently and cohesively by communicating goals and monitoring project timelines and follow through. The production manager, the growers, the lab manager, IT and the compliance department all work closely with the Director of Operations for systems and protocol development, implementation and documentation, managing organizational change, and cultivating inter-departmental synergy. The Director of Operations works with and reports directly to the C.O.O., acting as an intermediary between managers and associates managing communication, accountability, systems implementation, and monitoring overall performance and productivity across multiple departments with a constant focus on regulatory compliance. This position is responsible for monitoring constant changes in a regulatory climate, amending daily protocols and procedures to keep Terrapin in adherence with all state and local regulatory requirements. It is a vital to the organization that the Director of Operations is a purveyor of the rules and regulations that govern daily operations of the business, including company policy. Therefore, it is important that the director be well versed in the state and local laws surrounding licensed facility management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages communication across multiple departments driving directives and interdepartmental goals and communications in order to implement plans, protocols and procedures in line with the company vision
- Oversees and monitors department manager activities and directives through regular department meetings and briefs the owner on the current status of open items, projects in the queue and general day to day departmental issues or concerns
- Carries out the directives and provides various deliverable items requested by the C.E.O.
- Works with local and state regulatory agencies to monitor and adhere to all points of safety and compliance, researching code requirements, administering changes in protocols and procedures to maintain a positive and professional relationship and a general reputation of compliance within the community
- Monitor and train other department managers to handle inspections and assist with license renewals, helping them understand major points of compliance and regular upkeep of regulatory reputation and an overall urgency surrounding the importance of compliance in all daily operational activities
- Delegates reporting, data mining and entry, software implementations, the development of new protocols to monitor and maintain various performance indicators in good standing according to company-vision
- Manages and monitors risk and exposure surrounding safety, Department of Health compliance, labor law compliance, employee relations, and keeps a pulse on facility communications
- Meet with dispensary owners and top distributors and collaborate with the Terrapin Sales team to monitor customer satisfaction and keep an eye on market demands to ensure that we have a strong and competitive product offering to secure and maintain a stronghold on the MI Medical Market
- Monitor Accounts Receivable with accounting teams to ensure order fulfillment, adherence to term agreements and on-time payments
- Attend meetings with manufacturers, service contractors and providers to explore potential new products, software, or equipment to drive efficiency, productivity, communications, and overall profitability of the company
- Manages and monitors department achievements, prioritization of projects and duties, research and development, and new product introductions, providing constructive criticism and positive praise through regular performance audits and bi-annual reviews
- Monitors adherence to company policy and mission statement, keeping company culture and values at the forefront of all daily actions and communications
- Work with department directors and location managers to ensure that employee onboarding and off-boarding communications and notifications are filed on a timely basis, monitoring Active Directory and Account access for privacy and security of company property, including IP
- Work closely with the licensing team and contribute to application submissions through explaining standard operating procedures and documenting business processes including security and compliance protocols in a technical format
- Deal effectively with personnel requests, scheduling, and issues. This would include but not be limited to handling recruiting, onboarding personnel, managing time sheets, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment
- All other duties as assigned
Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Founded in 2009, we have six storefronts on Colorado’s Front Range. We also operate medical cannabis grower/processor operations in Clinton County, Pennsylvania and Grand Rapids, Michigan. For more information, visit Terrapin.co and TerrapinCareStation.com. Follow TCS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclosure: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Duties, responsibilities and skills may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The physical demands described are generally representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request and in accordance with applicable law. Terrapin is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact Human Resources.
Employee signature below indicates the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.