Headquartered in Kansas City, Clovr is a cannabis-infused product manufacturer that believes in safe, consistent, and quality cannabis products for Missouri’s medical marijuana patients. As the extractor, infuser, and wholesaler of our own products, we can ensure patients are getting exactly what they are reading on the label – no chemicals, no funny business. Clovr believes there’s a cannabis consumption method for every type of person and we are happy to help you find what best fits you and your lifestyle. We offer cannabis-infused chocolate bars, gummies, vape pens, concentrates, beverages, and many more products for whatever consumption method you prefer. Combating the stereotype, we believe cannabis can be a part of your life without becoming your life.
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or life sciences OR 2+ years in laboratory processing environment
- Hands on experience with laboratory equipment preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency and understanding of extraction and purification techniques, analytical chemistry equipment such as SC-CO2, Hydrocarbon extraction, GC-MS, HPLC.
- Proficient in laboratory and chemical safety, chemical management and safe disposal.
- 2+ experience in a professional and /or scientific work environment.
- Must consent to and successfully pass background check.
Skills, Abilities & Essential Duties:
- Operating and cleaning extraction and ancillary equipment including chillers, heaters, air compressors and pneumatic systems according to SOPs.
- Able to explain the processes from originating material through the extraction and purge, in a simplified and clear manner.
- Ability to follow SOPs and verbal instructions accurately in a timely manner.
- Quality check, measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measures and balance scales.
- Ensure that the production space is safe, tidy, clean, and sanitary throughout daily operations.
- Follow all safety protocols put into place for machine operation during each run.
- Complete material runs including raw ingredient processing, equipment loading & unloading, and cleaning.
- Strong communication skills: Regular communication with Extraction Manager and team to ensure all operational needs are met and any procedural problems are addressed and resolved proactively. Must have strong communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently or with team.
- Document all process variables and continually evaluate and improve processes. Create and participate in environment of continuous improvement.
- Monitor, measure, and report project progress to target yields.
- Ensure compliance to standards and report on the starting product, machines and the yields received.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
- Ability to comply with complex statutes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to:
- stand or be on their feet for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (200 pounds with assistance). ·
- possess clear close vision to be able to read gages, instrument panels and computer screens.