DCA Outdoor, Inc, is a national, vertically integrated green industry organization with a goal to streamline the production and distribution of landscape products. With locations throughout the Midwest and Oregon, we are expanding our team with a newly created position that will work at our Cornelius and Banks, Oregon locations.
We are looking for an experienced plant grower who has advanced herbaceous plant knowledge, excels with systems and processes, and can get things done. If you are someone who flourishes in a fast-paced environment, pays attention to the details, and has strong follow up skills, this could be the job for you!
Manage Herbaceous program: The herbaceous plant grower works with area crew leaders and crew members to lead, manage, produce and maintain overall plant quality according to the production plan.
Inventory Control: Ensure the herbaceous growing area maintains an accurate inventory through cycle counts and inventory audits, as necessary. Train area crew leaders to use growing space appropriately based on the production plan and plant cultural needs.
Plant Health: Work closely with the IPM manager and production manager to ensure the best pest and disease control plan is in place.
Production Plan: Work closely with herbaceous planning coordinator and production manager to implement production plan according to sales plan and production schedules.
Training: Develop, schedule and conduct training for operational processes as deemed necessary.
- One year of Green Industry Operation related experience.
- One year of management experience
- Advanced knowledge of herbaceous plant production methods and techniques
- To submit your application for this position, please go to www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
- Completion of Culture Index survey. Without survey completion, your application will not be considered. Please copy and paste the following into your browser in order to complete the survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/A550CC.