Microbiologist – Cannabis
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the emerging and fast paced environment of cannabis laboratory testing. The successful candidate will be a Microbiologist at our Kansas City location and will report directly to the Laboratory Director. The candidate will be responsible for the all the steps involved in sample analysis for state mandated compliance testing of cannabis products.
This position requires knowledge of Microbiology plating techniques and qPCR protocols. Analytical methods utilized in the lab are already established and validated, however, some experience with method development, optimization and validation is beneficial. Prior lab experience is required.
- Performs in all assigned areas of the laboratory. Provides accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures to fulfill the requests of the customer.
- Reports test results in a timely manner and according to established laboratory protocol and procedures to ensure that all samples are completed within a specific time frame.
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control and reports discrepancies to the Laboratory Director to guarantee the lab maintains utmost quality.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, or as-needed maintenance on instruments and equipment as appropriate, to ensure that all equipment is in working order.
- Performs calibration of equipment as required. Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, and samples when problems occur. Notifies the Laboratory Director if unable to solve the problem.
- Performs Validation studies and method validation as required.
- Complies with established laboratory safety policies and procedures when using chemicals.
- Reads and follows all organizational and departmental policies and procedures to remain in good standing with the organization and leads by example.
- Assists in updating policy and procedure manuals for ISO accreditation standards and future audits.
- Attends all required safety training programs to stay abreast of latest safety precautions and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize projects efficiently.
- Maintain a safe, clean, well-organized, and efficient laboratory work environment.
- Ensure adequate inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Also expected to help in the Main Laboratory when available and other duties as assigned by Laboratory Director
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or related sciences from an accredited college or university is required.
- At least 2 years of microbiology experience in a regulated or high throughput laboratory environment is preferred. Cannabis Laboratory Experience a plus.
- Knowledge of microbiology and sterile technique is beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must not be employed or have any ownership in any other MO cannabis industry license type.
Job Type: Full-time
· At least 2 year of Laboratory experience in Microbiology
· At least 2 year of experience working with plating techniques and qPCR. Agilent Aria experience a plus.
· Medical Laboratory Scientists (MLS) are encouraged to apply.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Related Field (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Microbiology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Laboratory Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required