The ideal Extraction Manager candidate will have experience in laboratory extraction of plant compounds and monitor product quality. They can organize the manufacturing and production of post cultivation products. The Manager will lead the Extraction team to process, test and package extracted products.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in relatable field – Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Life Sciences with 1+ years of experience in a regulated plant extraction; OR 3+ years of cannabis extraction experience.
· Strong leadership experience training and managing teams of 5+ members
- Strong scientific background with process validation (SPC-statistical process control) experience.
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of CO2 extraction, butane extraction and distillation.
- Technical problem-solving skills in a processing plant environment and of chemical processing equipment, specifically Supercritical Fluid Extraction-SFE) and post processing techniques.
- Strong background in extraction techniques (e.g. SFE) and wet chemistry, along with a research mindset.
- Knowledge of cannabinoids, terpenes, and their medicinal benefits is preferred.
· High proficiency of laboratory and chemical safety, chemical management, and safe disposal.
- Extraction experience with botanicals, preferably cannabis specific.
- QA/QC experience with HPLC and GC analysis highly preferred.
· Must consent to and successfully pass background check.
Skills, Abilities & Essential Duties:
- Operate a supercritical CO2, butane, and distillation extraction equipment, conducting post extraction processing steps, laboratory testing analysis, and improving company product formulations and SOPs. Responsible for operation, calibration, and optimization of company lab equipment.
- Oversee daily production and scheduling needs and assign resources as needed.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, familiarity with METRC and supplementary tracking software. Record production and test data for each product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle, and pressures during the extraction process.
- Develop strategies to increase productivity and production with existing methodologies.
- Oversee preparation of equipment and plant material for extractions.
- Assist in company product formulations of various types with specific cannabinoid ratios.
- Calculate input requirements, assemble, and weigh plant materials and supplies.
- QA/QC duties that require analytical testing for quality and consistency and data review.
- Operate extraction and post-processing equipment; process concentrates and extracts.
- Operate, maintain, and make adjustments and repairs to laboratory equipment such as liquid chromatography systems, pumps, balances, centrifuges, and other laboratory equipment.
- Maintain inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Store supplies and equipment, dispose of waste according to guidelines, and keep laboratory, storerooms and working areas immaculate.
- Wash and sterilize laboratory glassware.
- Maintain SOPs, training records, and related documentation.
- Maintain material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Oversee a clean lab environment and maintain immaculate extraction and laboratory environments adhering to Current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) standards.
- Maintain strict inventory records and of all plant materials, supplies, and equipment.
· Monitor, measure, and report project progress to target yields. Develop batch reports, and statistical batch-to-batch data.
· Conduct audits on the starting product, machines and the yields received.
· Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
· Ability to interpret, understand, and comply with complex statutes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and laws.
· Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to:
· Stand or be on their feet for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
· Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (200 pounds with assistance). ·
· Possess clear close vision to be able to read gages, instrument panels and computer screens.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Cannabis Extraction: 3 years (Required)
- managing 5+ employees: 1 year (Required)
- QA/QC with HPLC and GC: 1 year (Preferred)
- CO2, Butane and Distillation: 3 years (Required)
Company’s Facebook page: