Title: Shake Production Team Member
Location: Kansas City, MO
Reports To: Alex Maxted – Shake Production Supervisor
Terrapin is looking for a Shake Production Team Member to join our growing company. As a Boulder, Colo.-based national cannabis company, Terrapin is a pioneer in the emerging industry. Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Over 10 years of operations, Terrapin has grown into a multi-state company with nearly 400 employees. As we have expanded nationally, our need for Shake Production Team Member has grown significantly. Shake Production Team Members prepare products, which will sell in stores and help represent the mission and goals of Terrapin Care Station through attention to detail and care for quality products. They are responsible for packaging all flower products with speed, quality and accuracy while adhering to Terrapin Care Station’s standards for packaging. Shake Production Team Members are an important part of the seed-to-sale chain of production and act as the bridge from garden to store, ensuring delivery of the best customer experience Terrapin Care Station can provide.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Label packages: Should be able to retain knowledge of label types, and apply labels to products as outlined in the standard labeling procedures
- Weights and Measures: Should thoroughly understand operation and routine maintenance of single load cell scales.
- “Futurola” machine operation: Should be able to learn to operate the automated cone packing machine. Ability to work quickly and accurately to ensure that cones are filled and packaged correctly is essential.
- Maintain Inventory: Should be able maintain accurate counts of prepared product, as well as back-stock and inventory to be moved to retail locations. Must assist Logistics Manager in maintaining inventory of packaging supplies and equipment.
- Take Direction: Cone rollers report to the Logistics Manager, Shake Production Supervisor, and the Flower Packaging Manager, who is in charge of the daily operations of the Flower Packaging Team and may assign tasks as needed
- Computer Literacy: Should be able to use a windows operating system including Microsoft Office, the POS system, and inventory software. Should have a knowledge of web-based menus and applications
- Cannabis Knowledge: Should possess a willingness to learn strain genetics and morphology, as well as signs of disease or other quality issues.
- Compliance Knowledge: Must be aware of all laws surrounding compliance in medical or retail business operations
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current state mandated badge or background check
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain production
About Terrapin: Terrapin is a cultivator, processor and provider of high-quality medical and recreational cannabis products. Founded in 2009, we have six storefronts on Colorado’s Front Range. We also operate medical cannabis grower/processor operations in Clinton County, Pennsylvania and Grand Rapids, Michigan. For more information, visit Terrapin.co and TerrapinCareStation.com. Follow TCS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Disclosure: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Duties, responsibilities and skills may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The physical demands described are generally representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request and in accordance with applicable law. Terrapin is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require a reasonable accommodation, you may contact Human Resources. Employee signature below indicates the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position. Employee______________________________________ Date__________________