Real Challenge, Real Impact. Real Rewards.
Are you passionate about starting your career at a Fortune 200 Company? Altria Group Distribution Company’s role is to provide sales, distribution, and consumer engagement services for Altria’s tobacco operating companies.
Altria Group Distribution Company is currently seeking Undergraduate Students to join our Field Sales Force in our 10-12 wk. Summer Internship Program. As a Sales Intern with Altria, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future and influence our industry in our ever-changing landscape. During our dynamic internship program, you’ll experience on-the-job training, access to a diverse group of mentors, planned social and community service events with other Altria interns and professional development opportunities. Undergraduate Interns will be challenged and empowered to participate in the following:
(** Note: Internships are in various locations throughout the U.S)
- Work directly with a Territory Sales Manager to grow leadership capability through comprehensive training and high impact experiences
- Consult and market programs and initiatives in an assigned market to our customers designed to drive business performance
- Develop innovative ways to maximize business performance though data analysis, product placement and strategic planning
- Engage in a team environment and develop client relationships
- Develop & present to senior management a real business project that requires creativity, data analytics & field research
- Ability to communicate effectively to influence others
- Utilize analytical skills to identify and address business opportunities
- Ability to consistently provide innovative & creative solutions to business challenges
- Strong commitment to individual growth and leadership development
- Utilize time and resources to maintain effectiveness
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your leadership skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package, including the following:
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Company Holidays
- Summer Housing allowance (Where applicable)
- Business laptop
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for a paid Ambassadorship and full-time job offer upon completion of the Summer Internship Program
We are seeking undergraduate students in an accredited college/university, preferably, but not limited to the status of a rising senior at the time of the internship. Because driving is required for the position, you must have a valid U.S. driver license in good standing for the last 3 years and access to a vehicle. Any DUI/DWI conviction in the last 3 years will be an immediate disqualifier for the position. You must be eligible to work full time within the United States without sponsorship. Sales Undergraduate Interns must be able to lift, push, pull, reach, conduct overhead work and carry bags and boxes as part of the sales activities (up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis; up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis; possibly up to 50 pounds on a seldom basis).
Company Overview:Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that leads the premier tobacco companies in the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, and Nat Sherman. We have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. And we have an 80% interest in Helix Innovations, which manufactures and markets on!, an oral tobacco-derived nicotine pouch product. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer. Altria’s significant stake in Cronos Group, a leading global cannabinoid company, represents an exciting new global growth opportunity. At Altria, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. It’s only through diverse perspectives and insights that we will be able to take on the important challenges we will face to dramatically transform our business – and our industry. The work opportunities and experiences, combined with training, development, and advancement programs, allow our employees to achieve their full potential and deliver superior business results. We have the opportunity to make more progress on harm reduction in the next 10 years than we have in the past 50 years. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer.