JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Missouri’s Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) recorded 2,163 medical marijuana facility applications as of Aug. 19. Numbers of applications received by facility type are as follows:
- Cultivation facility applications – 554
- Dispensary facility applications – 1,163
- Manufacturing facility applications – 415
- Testing facility applications – 17
- Transportation facility applications – 14
Additional information about the applications received, such as applicant names and facility locations will be released in the coming weeks.
“We greatly appreciate the support exemplified by the exceptionally large number of applicants for implementation of Article XIV which will provide medical marijuana to qualified patients and raise funds to serve our veterans,” said Dr. Randall Williams, MD, FACOG, director of DHSS. “However, this resulted in a large number of applications being received in a short window of time and we have determined that…..