The Packaging Manager is responsible for oversight and guidance over the process and technicians to package medical cannabis and other products at our cultivation center. They will be responsible for the continual monitoring of materials, equipment and staffing necessary to sustain production. The
Packaging Manager is the driving force behind Flora Farms packaging goals to meet dynamic production demand. The Packaging Manager will be responsible for safely and effectively packaging the cannabis materials into high quality, child proof packaging for wholesale. Packaging manager is required to update all information in METRC to ensure all inventory is accurate.
- Monitors and manages packaging equipment supplies and inventory.
- Supervises and assists with packaging of finished products
- Coordinates the work activities and schedules of employees to meet production/planning goals.
- Supports operations by providing expertise, process validation, training, and guidance to production and quality assurance personnel to ensure successful production and product launch.
- Responsible for mentoring, developing, and providing direction to direct reports.
- Leads a team responsible all packaging solutions that enhance and preserve product quality and manufacturability.
- Manages weekly time attendance system for timely processing of employee payroll transactions.
- Works effectively with operations in support of new and existing packaging activities
- Responsible for providing all job-related Safety training, and for ensuring team compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement efforts through the design and implementation of improved manufacturing strategies
Demonstrates proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking throughout Flora Farms process.
Continually strives to improve Flora Farms processes for improved patient safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing.
Ability to utilize digital inventory control systems
Work Experience Required:
- Minimum 2+ year of working in a commercial cannabis production environment
- Minimum 2+ year of management experience
- Experience training and mentoring a crew of 10+ staff members
- Knowledge of computer and office equipment and programs (Seed to sale, inventory systems; MS Office Suite programs)
- Extensive math and analytical skills required for inventory, data analysis, projections, measurements, calculations
- Principles and practices related to the indoor packaging of cannabis including extensive knowledge of various cannabis product. Skills and Abilities
- Effective and efficient communication skills are essential to successfully interact & communicate with wide variety of staffing levels
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Skill in managing physical resources (budgeting, inventories, equipment, materials)
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical skill
- Ability to work effectively as team leader and guide
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
- Close visual focus required
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Must pass state mandated background check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible