Regional Sales Director
DELPHI is the industry’s premiere medical marijuana company; we are a fully vertical cannabis operator with multiple locations throughout Missouri.
Reporting to the COO, the Director of Retail effectively oversees the management and operations of multiple high volume retail outlets throughout Missouri. The role provides leadership and challenges and motivates all Regional Managers and indirectly all Store Managers and Associates. He/She will create a leadership environment, which generates sales while providing exceptional customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple retail stores to maximize growth and profitability
- Mentor and train Regional Managers to succeed and grow
- Ensure Regional Managers deliver the same message down to the store level and keep standards consistent with that of Corporate
- Ensure stores’ performance objectives are met (sales, financing, invoicing, inventory, customer service, and merchandising)
- Manage expenses of region within assigned budget
- Provide business analysis and sales forecasting, as requested
- Analyze product trends and always be thinking about the next big product
- Keep attuned to competitors’ activities and trends
- Work with third party vendors to establish more favorable payment terms and discounts
- Support hiring and development of all associates in region
- Visit stores on a regular basis in order to build a productive and cohesive team and to maintain an on-going knowledge of store performance
The Candidate Should Display the following Characteristics:
- Undisputed Integrity – Makes decisions in the best interest of the company he/she serves.
- Work Ethic – Willing to invest an enormous amount of their time and energy into building this company and being an integral part of the future success of the company.
- Sound Judgment –A levelheaded and mature leader, respected for providing sound business judgment to difficult situations.
- Interpersonal Skills – Will forge relationships easily with internal and external constituents. He/she will exude charisma and be likable.
- Communication Skills – Excellent writing skills, also comfortable in making informal and formal presentations to large and small audiences.
- Energy / Drive / Enthusiasm – Projects this in his/her daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in High-Volume Retail Sales Management
- Must have a proven track record of success increasing same store performance and overhauling non-performing locations.
- Must have strong visual merchandising experience (i.e. shelf layout, product displays, and new product launches)
- Candidate should be a highly entrepreneurial-minded individual
- Proficient technical skills are required to be effective and efficient, including proficiency with Microsoft productivity suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits from organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.